Dandelion Shortbread Cookie Recipe
Did you know there are so many recipes that you can make with dandelions? I didn’t, until I saw a dandelion cookie recipe on Instagram recently. It got my interest right away. I mean, how cool is this? From there I went and searched for cookie recipes and came across this one from Adamant Kitchen.
Most of the recipes I found had canola oil in them and I don’t ever buy that so I found this delicious butter cookie recipe and I knew I had to try it. There are also many vegan recipes out there. More dishes can be made with dandelions like syrup, wine, sautéed greens, salads and the list goes on and on. Just make sure when you are foraging for dandelions that they are in a pesticide free place and that you leave at least half of the dandelions for the bees.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup dandelion petals (yellow parts only)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter and sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add dandelion petals and beat to incorporate.
- Gradually add flour, beating to incorporate fully. Dough will be crumbly at first, but it will start to come together.
- Once all the flour is added, beat on low another minute or so. Then knead gently with your hands until the dough comes together.
- Roll cookies out and cut out with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake cookies at 325 for about 20 to 25 minutes, until they begin to brown on the bottoms and are fully cooked on the top.
- Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy!